Friday 1 April 2016

Day 3......

Still on track!


Yes, I had to raid my old walking kit yesterday to track down a knee support and elastic bandage. Luckily they were exactly where I had left them 15 years ago!


Starting conditions

Weather: 4 C, sunny with a light wind, low cloud same as yesterday but not yet dispersed so not as warm.
Start time: 0756
Weight: 14 stone 5 pounds (revenge of the Easter egg!)
Warm up: Two Ibuprofen, nice cup of coffee, one slice of toast with jam and wrestling with bandages.
Kit: Shorts, shirt, running jacket. I left off the hat today to avoid overheating.
Course: 5033m cross country with a 32m gradient as before but again had to cut off the last 200m. 

Result

Time: 35 minutes. Quite good given the circumstances.
Satisfaction rating: 70% Despite the problems with my leg the run was enjoyable. No problems with stamina or rhythm. 
Ideas: Dragoons Rampant.
Adventures: Nil. Almost no one about today.
Warm down: Coffee and a two finger KitKat.
Do differently: I'll try the same thing again tomorrow. The only thing on my mind is whether the new running shoes are affecting my left foot and that in turn is impacting on my calf and knee. I could try my old boots and see if that is better.

If anyone were to ask about my objectives then they are twofold:
  • to run a 5K and enjoy the experience
  • to obtain a reasonable time
In terms of time, given that I'm 58 this year, I'm looking at 25 minutes as a starting point. Age adjusted that is around 20 minutes so would not be a bad result. Still some way to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment