Friday 8 April 2016

Rehab.....

having a rest is a good idea!

I have not had a run since last Sunday and have been suffering a variety of pains and numbness in my left leg. All of which might be totally expected form over doing it. My concern was that it would have more than a temporary effect.

I'm off with the kids today so decided to have a bit of exercise with C25K. This is a free app that has a nine week walk/run coaching schedule that takes you from being a fat lump nailed to the sofa to running a 5K. I must say it is very effective.

Today I ran one of the week 2 exercises around the estate where I live which is pretty hilly located as it is in the Daventry foot hills.

In the olden days...the hills are just as big now
After 40 minutes of exercise I feel pretty good. My leg is OK (I used the knee support just in case). One interesting thing is that I used specially designed running socks which helped with the fit of the shoes and felt a lot more comfie. I think I'll do the same again over the weekend. Things are looking up!

No comments:

Post a Comment